Stand Out to College Admissions!
Join us! The Digital Portfolio Immersive is an academic college prep program for high school students to develop digital portfolios to bring their experience to life for college admissions with Photos, Videos, Media and More. The program is on campus at the University of Georgia or Georgia Institute of Technology.
The program includes immersive work building digital portfolios, lectures, sessions with College Admissions, and tours of innovation hubs on campus.
Sign up today!
Georgia Tech: June 12-16, June 27-29, July 10-14, and July 25-27
University of Georgia: July 17-21
These are some of the topics:
- College Admissions 101 – What do they look for?
- How to Stand Out to College Admissions
- Communicating Your Strengths
- Planning Your Digital Portfolio
- Your Profile and Academics
- Activities, Service, Work Experience
- Professional Head Shot Photos
- Media grid and Media Options
- Tours of Georgia Tech and Innovation hubs at Tech Square
Students will leave with their own digital portfolio to optimize their college applications.
Jean Marie Richardson is President and Chief Executive Officer of iFOLIO Corp, a patent pending platform designed to give students a digital edge for College, internships, and jobs.
Richardson’s background includes Fortune 500 firms Oracle Corporation, Microsoft, and MasterCard, and 8 years of College scholarship selection experience at Georgia Institute of Technology.
Richardson currently serves on the Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business Advisory Board, the Georgia Tech/ Emory TI:GER Graduate Program Advisory Board, the Metro Atlanta Innovation Advisory Group, and the Dean’s Scholarship Council. She enjoys guest lecturing on technology innovation for Georgia Tech’s MBA program and has been a featured speaker at national conferences.
Jean Marie Richardson graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology, cum laude, and a President’s Scholar, with 7 other merit-based scholarships.
iFolio Corp instructors will assist students in designing cutting-edge digital portfolios to highlight their background and experience with photos, images, videos, and multi-media.
iFolio Corp has a patent pending platform and program designed to give students an edge for College, internships, and jobs with digital portfolios. The iFolio team has Merit Scholarship Selection experience at Georgia Institute of Technology. The team’s background includes Georgia Institute of Technology, Yale University, University of Texas, Wharton University of Pennsylvania, University of Georgia, Zhejiang University in China, and the Harry S Truman Scholarship.
Guest speakers will lecture from Georgia Institute of Technology and from Innovation hubs at Tech Square.
Experts from Georgia Institute of Technology Undergraduate Admissions Team will provide a presentation and information session for the students.
“The Digital Portfolio Immersive was very informational and I’m very glad I attended it. The one-on-one was very informational and helped a lot pointing out things I hadn’t even thought about. A digital portfolio is a great way to market myself and will be a pertinent tool in my education and career going forward.”
– Janani, High School student
“The program was absolutely terrific! Thanks so much. It was a great opportunity”
– Robert, High School student
“I enjoyed talking ono-on-one with the iFolio team. They helped me personalize my iFolio page with pictures. The team also showed me what to highlight in my resume.”
– Alden, High School Student
“Great help and advice! [A digital portfolio] will give law schools a better look into who I really am.”
– Erin, Georgia Tech College of Science student
“This was wonderful! Thank you! I have been meaning to create a digital portfolio for a while, and this gave me the jumpstart and assistance I needed to get started!”
– Anagha, Georgia Tech College of Science student & President’s Scholar
“This program is very helpful to current high school students and college students. By facilitating this program, many students have easier access to a great future.”
– Manshi, High School student
“Great program! Wonderful feedback! Can help me with the long-term.”
– Manshi, High School Student
“The most interesting parts were learning how to present my materials in an interesting way. This portfolio is more interesting than a basic word doc.”
– Robert, High School Student
“The digital portfolio was a new concept to me. I really appreciate the digital portfolio immersive program organized by iFOLIO & I really thank the sponsors. A digital portfolio will help me add items that I cannot in my one-page resume.”
– Dinesh, Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business student
DATES & REGISTRATION
Register NOW via this site. Students ages 13-18.
- June 12-16, 2017 – 5 day program = $495 +$200 iFOLIO kit
- June 27-29, 2017 – 3 day program = $295 +$200 iFOLIO kit
- July 10-14, 2017 – 5 day program = $495 + $200 iFOLIO kit
- July 25-27, 2017 – 3 day program = $295 +$200 iFOLIO kit
All sessions are day programs for ages 13-18 and are from 9AM to 5PM each day.
Contact info: Jean Marie Richardson at email@example.com or 470-223-4818
Price includes the program, tours, lunch each day, and the student’s iFOLIO kit and service. Students will leave with their own digital portfolio they can update.
For Questions please contact the Program Coordinator below.
Contact: GT Camp Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 470-223-4818
- Full payment is due upon registration of the student
- Slots cannot be held without payment
- Payment is accepted online via PayPal or Credit Card via the registration link
- The registration link will be provided when registration opens on February 1st at 10 AM
For questions, please contact the GT Camps Program Coordinator at email@example.com Phone: 470-223-4818
- For cancellations received 30 days prior to the session date, a refund for the program fee minus a $100 admin fee will be issued.
- For cancellations received 15 days prior to the session date, a 50% refund for the program fee minus a $100 admin fee will be issued.
- For cancellations received after 15 days prior to the session date, no refunds will be issued, unless a doctor’s note can be provided to demonstrate a family emergency.
- The Program Coordinator will meet students at the front of Georgia Tech Scheller Business School for drop off between 8:30 AM-9:00 AM and for pickup from 5:00 PM-5:30 PM
- The Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business is located at 800 W. Peachtree St. NW, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Parking is available in the Georgia Tech hotel parking deck at 700 Spring Street. It is not free, but it is the best parking available. You can pay with a card as you leave
Students should wear smart casual attire. They will receive an email prior to camp with notice of the day they will have their head shot.
ABOUT DIGITAL PORTFOLIOS AND COLLEGE APPLICATIONS
Now students need a way to stand out in the college application process:
- The Common Application system, a digital system meant to standardize college admissions, can make it more difficult for students to stand out
- 20 Million Students are applying to 8-15 U.S. Colleges each year, making admissions increasingly competitive
- A growing number of top educators are encouraging the creation of a digital portfolio to highlight a student’s experience
A Student can stand out for College, internships, and jobs by bringing their story to life visually with a digital portfolio
- iFOLIO is a digital portfolio designed to target College Admissions’ criteria
- iFOLIO brings an application to life for Admissions with photos, videos, and images
Students can continue to update their iFOLIO and add the iFOLIO link to their College Application.
How does a Digital Portfolio give you an edge?
Highlight your experience visually.
Show your depth, commitment, and impact with photos, videos, and images.
Get tips and examples to build your best iFOLIO.
Stand out to reviewers with visual examples. Maximize opportunities for College, Fellowships, Internships, and Jobs!
Executive Vice President, Global Business Solutions, First Data
Dan Charron serves as Executive Vice President, Global Business Solutions, with operations in North America, EMEA, APAC and LaTam, providing First Data’s 6 million clients across the world with the products, services, and solutions they need to grow their business.
Senior Vice President, Atlantic Capital Bank
Tony’s role includes the implementation and integration of verticals into the Atlantic Capital Bank banking model on a national scale.
Commercialization Head, Visa Token Service, Visa Inc.
Bengt Horsma leads the financial institutions’ engagement in Visa Token Service, a solution supporting ApplePay, AndroidPay, SamsungPay and other mobile concepts.
Vice President, Innovation, WorldPay
Joe leads the efforts that have recently established WorldPay US as a recognized innovation leader in the FinTech space and in the innovation community at-large.
Vice President, Governmental Affairs, Alabama Power
Carrie (Haskin) Shapiro
Director, Supply Chain & Customer Service, Georgia Pacific
ABOUT iFOLIO CORP
iFolio Corp has a patent pending platform and program designed to give students a digital edge for College, internships, and jobs with digital portfolios.
The iFolio team has Merit Scholarship Selection experience at Georgia Institute of Technology. The team’s background includes Georgia Institute of Technology, Yale University, University of Texas, Wharton University of Pennsylvania, University of Georgia, Zhejiang University in China, and the Harry S Truman Scholarship. The Founder’s Fortune 500 company experience includes Oracle Corporation, Microsoft, and MasterCard.
We are passionate about helping students get a digital edge to stand out for College and beyond!